Welcome!

Follow me as I take you through a 20-something's life in San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and the "Great State" in general. I'll talk about all the adventures Texas has to offer, how I managed to gain 10+ pounds on deeeelicious Mexican food, and so much more! I don't ever sit still and it makes for some pretty interesting stories!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

30 day fail and other things...

Happy Sunday friends! On such a beautiful day, I'm reminded of how blessed I am! Chris and I spent an awesome weekend with friends who came in from Houston. Friday night we went to the Spurs game, of course we won! The AT&T center is a really cool place. They had a free concert afterwards and it was one of our favorite bands...The Space Rockerz! They're an 80's cover band who dress like space people...so fun! On Saturday we went to lunch at Silo and then walked around Gruene and visited the shops and wineries. For dinner we tried a new Mexican food restaurant, La Fogata. It's a San Antonio favorite and I still can't believe we've lived here for 4 years and have never been! We all loved the chicken verde enchiladas! Today we had brunch at Roaring Fork...they are known for their green chile everything!
Soooo, by now you can see that I did NOT make my 30 days without eating out. Unfortunately, here's how it went down. I made it 15 days without one bite of restaurant food. I realized how unrealistic it is to say that you'll never eat out, even for 30 days! Life is far too busy to rely on my own cooking 24 hours a day. Going 15 days without restaurant food really has taught me how to say no though! For example, yesterday at Silo, Chris ordered dessert. Instead of digging in as soon as the plate was set down in front of us, I waited until there was about two bites left to enjoy my share. Why, you ask? Because during this process I've realized that it is far easier for me to say no altogether than it is to try and eat one or two bites, or half a portion, or five chips...you get the idea! Additionally, I've realized that I have no choice but to make better choices when I eat out, because I'm not going to stop anytime soon. I learned a lot about myself and my eating habits during the process and I'll continue to blog about my recipes, restaurants, and my battle to do better!
Now on to other topics: first, gas! I've been driving my father in law's truck for two weeks while the Corolla gets put back together and I cannot believe how much it costs to operate! I don't know how you truck people do it! Do you know how many pairs of shoes I could buy with that money!? I'm so excited to get the Corolla back. We're meeting our parents halfway between SA and Beeville tonight to have dinner and get my sweet little Corolla back! Next, I'm writing my first official blog post from my new iPad! I won it at work on Friday--yet another reason why I love my job! If you're wondering why I there are no pics on this blog it's because I can't figure out how to add them!
That's all for today. I hope you all enjoy the Lord's day and this beautiful weather!
Adios friends,
LW

No comments:

Post a Comment