Welcome!

Follow me as I take you through a 20-something's life in San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and the "Great State" in general. I'll talk about all the adventures Texas has to offer, how I managed to gain 10+ pounds on deeeelicious Mexican food, and so much more! I don't ever sit still and it makes for some pretty interesting stories!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Days 4 and 5...and a story about how a deer met my Corolla!

Happy Saturday morning everyone!

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and an episode of "Flip This House" as I write my blog. Before we start our day, a day that will be full of bowling tournaments, I wanted to let you all know how days 4 and 5 went, and also about my horrible morning yesterday. I know you've all been eagerly awaiting this! :)

So, Thursday was a success! First, I made it through lunch without eating the pizza my office provided! Second, I went to happy hour with these girlies--Kayse and Kierstin--and didn't eat one bite!
I hope they enjoyed every bite! (Nope, not bitter at all!)

 For dinner, I made a sort of beef goulash using some existing ingredients I had that were about to go bad. I sauteed half an onion, half a red bell pepper, and 1/4 lb of lean ground beef in a pan. I added 4 oz. of reduced fat Velveeta cheese and about 1/4 cup of milk. I served it over whole wheat bow tie pasta. It was great! It made just enough for dinner and my lunch on Friday.
I topped it with some Parmesan cheese...if I can remember how I made this, I'd definitely do it again!
Yesterday, day 5, got off to a rocky start. On my way to work I hit a huge a** deer! He demolished my hood, front bumper, and left headlight. The darn thing is fine, but my car is not! The old Lyndsey would've said "screw it" and gone to Starbucks for breakfast, but I did NOT. I stuck to my guns and didn't let a little stress send me off track. Last night was also a success. I helped my friend Kayse prepare for a bridal shower she threw for a good friend. All the food was homemade so I enjoyed bruschetta, chicken salad sandwiches, and spinach and artichoke dip! 

This morning, I'm determined not to let the weekend ruin my progress. So, to combat it, I've done the following:

1. I made this delicious casserole for a nice, hearty breakfast to prevent me from eating any bowling alley food.
Appropriately named "Lyndsey's Breakfast Casserole"
2. I'm packing a sandwich and chips to take to the bowling alley for dinner. I have a birthday party to attend tonight at my favorite Mexican food restaurant, so I plan to eat the sandwich and just enjoy a cocktail at the party.
3. I'll keep a few snacks in my purse, just in case.

For the casserole, I took the recipe from earlier this week for the Doritos Taco Bake and modified it. I put the reduced fat crescent rolls at the bottom of the pan, spread FF cream cheese on top. I added cooked RF breakfast sausage, and raw hash browns that I sauteed in about 1 tbsp of Olive Oil. I topped it off with 6 scrambled eggs. I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. I hope its delicious!

Friends, enjoy your weekend, I intend to! I'll keep you posted on my progress. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment