Welcome!

Follow me as I take you through a 20-something's life in San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and the "Great State" in general. I'll talk about all the adventures Texas has to offer, how I managed to gain 10+ pounds on deeeelicious Mexican food, and so much more! I don't ever sit still and it makes for some pretty interesting stories!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Days 6, 7, and 8 + a few other things

I made it through the weekend without eating one single bite of restaurant food!  
The weekend proved to be a challenge but I held strong. On Saturday, I packed my lunch, resisted these deliciously sinful Astro Super Nachos, and managed to go home instead of going out for Sushi! 
On Sunday, I ate leftover breakfast casserole and ran some errands. Around 5 pm I had a sandwich and then met Chris and some friends at one of my favorite Mexican food restaurants, Taco Garage. I cannot believe it, but I didn't even have a chip! I did enjoy a sangria swirl Margarita...delish! 
Monday was an easy day. I brought a Lean Cuisine to work for lunch and then  made a light, healthy dinner. I forgot to take a picture, but essentially I sauteed fresh spinach and mushrooms in balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and white wine. Then I added red pepper flakes and some cooked rotisserie chicken. I served it over whole wheat angel hair pasta. It was great, and I was able to finish the spinach and mushrooms I had in the fridge before they went bad. 

Resisting some of my favorite fatty foods was very difficult for me. While my family ate the Super Nachos, I sat at a different table until they were finished. I'm not too proud to say that I'm not at the point yet where I'm strong enough to say no all the time. Sunday night at Taco Garage was easier because I had just eaten, and wasn't hungry. I was still very tempted! Overall, I'm proud of myself for not breaking my streak! 

This week, I'm trying to implement a few more changes. Last week I feel like I ate entirely too many carbohydrates and not nearly enough fruit and vegetables. I also only worked out 2x. This week, I'm going to try to workout 3-4 times to see if it helps me combat my hunger and desire for fatty foods. 
On another, more important note, Happy 11 Years to my favorite husband! I can't believe its been that long. It seems like just yesterday we were 15 and 17, on the tennis team, with a crush on one another...Love you!
Chris, Samantha, and Robert became 3x winners on Saturday as they won the Trio Tournament at Astro!
Next, I'd like to make one more plug for my foster dog Mimi. She really needs a loving home and our house is getting a little crowded with three canines! Please pass on her picture to anyone you think may be interested.

Finally, get excited for my very first guest blogger on Thursday!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment