Welcome!

Follow me as I take you through a 20-something's life in San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and the "Great State" in general. I'll talk about all the adventures Texas has to offer, how I managed to gain 10+ pounds on deeeelicious Mexican food, and so much more! I don't ever sit still and it makes for some pretty interesting stories!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 3= Success and Failure!

And so continues my 30 Day-No Restaurant Food-Challenge! Day 3 was a success in that I did not eat any restaurant food, but it was a failure because the dinner I made was terrible!

I've made this recipe before and it was awesome, but this time I tried to get sassy and modify it. Not a good idea!
Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/07/crockpot-italian-chicken.html

Here's what I did to destroy it. First, I added about 4 oz. of chicken broth because the last time I made it I felt it was too thick. Second, I added a package of frozen spinach, cooked and drained. Last, I rushed the cook time and only crock potted it (yup, its a new word) for 2.5 hours, instead of the 3-4 recommended. Therefore, the result was tough, flavorless chicken in a mess of liquid. I would normally have called for a pizza at this point, but I didn't. Instead we ate cheese, crackers, and beef jerky! :)

Here are the ingredients

This pic was taken before I realized what a disaster it turned out to be!


Though I don't recommend that you make the recipe my way, I do recommend that you try it using the original recipe because it is really really good.

Additionally, I'd like to provide a side note. I went to the grocery store and diligently compared the prices of boneless, skinless chicken breast. I decided on the Hill Country Fare (store brand) chicken breast because it provided the most bang for my buck. WRONG! I must have cut off 1/4 lb of fat. Next time I'll try a name brand and see if I like the quality more.

Today is going to pose a challenge for me. First, our bosses have ordered pizza from Pizza Hut for lunch for our team. I intend to eat a Lean Cuisine. Second, I have a happy hour with a friend tonight at The Cheesecake Factory. If I can battle these two events, I feel like I'll be ready to face the weekend!

Wish me luck!

Happy Thursday,
Lyndsey

No comments:

Post a Comment