Welcome!

Follow me as I take you through a 20-something's life in San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and the "Great State" in general. I'll talk about all the adventures Texas has to offer, how I managed to gain 10+ pounds on deeeelicious Mexican food, and so much more! I don't ever sit still and it makes for some pretty interesting stories!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Who do I think I am?!

This morning, as I was wading through the junk mail in my inbox, I stumbled across a Living Social Escapes email. It detailed a 5 day, 4 night stay in the Bahamas for "the unheard of price of $589 per person!" Of course my fingers itched to press the "buy" button. So instead, I forwarded the email to Chris and told him, "we should go here this summer!" Looking back, I wonder just exactly who I think I am? I'm 25 years old with an astronomical student loan payment, a big, beautiful house that has a nice mortgage accompanying it, and only 10 days of vacation per year. Why would I even consider going on an extended vacay knowing all of this? Because that's how my generation rolls! We don't like to be told no, we work hard and play hard. We think we deserve corner offices at 25 and don't care how we get them. We feel we know more than our bosses who have been in business for 30 years, and we don't hesitate to tell people exactly what we think. That being said, I move that my generation take a step back, learn from our elders (perhaps find mentors) and put ourselves in our place, before someone else does! Good things come to those who wait, and pray, and think things through, and have patience. So,that's exactly what I'm going to do!

On a side note: I've recently realized that I stopped praying for about a month. I don't know why. I don't have a specific reason. I just know that for that month, I felt something was missing. Looking back, I know that its because I stopped asking for guidance, wisdom, and strength from the Man himself...not a good idea! Again I say to myself, who do I think I am? I can't travel this road alone! So, I began my daily discussions with the Lord again, started praying, and poof! my life immediately felt more peaceful and directed. I encourage everyone, regardless of your strength of faith, to take one week and pray every single day. I promise you'll see major differences! The Lord wants to help us and guide us, we just have to ask. May God bless you blog followers! Have a wonderful and safe weekend and I'll blog again when something interesting comes to mind!

3 comments:

  1. I saw that deal and really wanted to buy it too. But I didn't. Silly law school.
    - Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good one, and such good advise no matter what generation you are part of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice Lyndsey. Also, your generation needs to wear their pants around their waist, not halfway down their butt.

    ReplyDelete