Welcome!

Follow me as I take you through a 20-something's life in San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and the "Great State" in general. I'll talk about all the adventures Texas has to offer, how I managed to gain 10+ pounds on deeeelicious Mexican food, and so much more! I don't ever sit still and it makes for some pretty interesting stories!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

First on my list...

I truly think that my calling in life is to be a food critic. I mean, if I'm going to be overweight because I love food so much, I might as well get some $$ and notoriety out of it, right? So, I've decided to use this blog as my beginner's guide to becoming a food critic...or really just an excuse to go out to eat and talk about it! I've identified my first victim (Firewater Grille), gathered my war party (Chris), and am going in for the kill (code for going for dinner) tomorrow night! Bahahahaha!

The first restaurant on my list is a new place just north of Stone Oak on Overlook Parkway, Firewater Grille. I've been inside once before. The ambiance is fantastic and the decorations are beautiful. Their main decorative feature is a water wall that changes colors. They have a great outdoor space and the owner and manager were extremely nice. Though we just stopped in for a quick drink before a Spurs game, we were pleased. But now comes the hard part, the deciding factor, the FOOD! Firewater Grille hasn't yet had their formal Grand Opening, so I'm bringing you this feature piece before anyone else! Stay tuned for the details...

2 comments: